Speaker, Mentor, Coach, Diversity Consultant
Rifa Thorpe-Tracey is a highly accomplished coach and founder of Refigure Ltd, with a focus on teaching women to create their big vision.
With over 25 years of consulting experience, Rifa has won numerous awards and accolades for her work, as well as contributing to publications such as The Times and CNN. She is known for her engaging public speaking style and ability to tell compelling stories and is a champion of diversity and inclusion in all aspects of her work.
Rifa is also the driving force behind several successful networks and events, including SheSays Brighton, Spring Forward Festival, and Women of Colour Brighton, which attract hundreds of people from the digital and creative industries each year.
Through her coaching and connections, Rifa empowers women not just to uplift themselves but to thrive and create change in the world. Her teachings focus on helping clients gain clarity and generate abundance while sharing practical well-being tools that have proven effective.
For more info, scroll down…
I’m a public speaker for live conferences, webinars, online events and podcasts. I’ve curated, moderated and spoken at more than 40 events, including for several years SheSays Brighton, where I’m the organiser and host. I’ve been the Festival Director for Spring Forward Festival since 2016. I am a UN Women UK delegate at the UN Commission on the Status of Women.
I was the host of The Story Conference 2019 at Conway Hall in London. My other public speaking work includes:
• Women in Games: Creative Leadership Lab
• Wellbeing At Work Edinburgh
• Agile on the Bench
• DARE Conference London
• Mind the Code
• UX Camp Brighton
• Host of weekly FM radio show
Masterclasses & workshops
I’ve produced and delivered masterclasses and workshops at:
• Kings College London
• Wired Sussex
• University of Brighton
• The Old Market Theatre
• Hosts weekly online zoom meetups
Panels & Podcasts
I’ve been a panelist for:
• The Times
• Brighton Cultural Summit
• Diversity and Inclusion events
• The Clearleft Podcast
• Always Possible Podcast
• Refigure Podcast
Want to book me for your event?
Get in touch to discuss your requirements.
I tell compelling stories and bring a warm, engaging energy to my public speaking. I’m happy speaking to 1,000+ crowds, small teams, or one-to-one, I passionately advocate for diversity and inclusion, for women, people of colour, and other under-represented groups in the tech and creative industries. I champion diversity and inclusion in all my work. I am also a speaker on wellbeing at work, mentoring, and project-based strategy.
• Winner Community Hero Award, Dynamic Business Awards 2022
• Diversity & Inclusion Award – runner up (Women’s Global Small Business Awards) 2022
• Etc magazine Top 20 Inspirational Women 2020
• Mentor/Coach of the Year finalist, Business Women Excellence Awards 2019
• Best Networker of the Year runner-up, Business Women Excellent Awards 2019
• Sussex Life magazine Top 50 inspiring women 2017
• Nominated High Achiever of the Year, Venus Awards 2013, 2014
• Trustee Lighthouse Arts
• Board member Marlborough Theatre
• Board director Platform B Radio
• Organisational Lead for Brighton Digital Festival
• Radio presenter Juice 107.2 FM
• Podcast presenter on arts, culture, tech, and diversity